This policy describes the way that Mullins Lawyers collects, holds and discloses information about individuals. Mullins Lawyers is subject to the Privacy Act, which includes the National Privacy Principles.
Protecting confidential information is fundamental to our relationship with our clients and to our business. All information received in respect of a client matter is subject to strict duties of confidentiality. We will not disclose such information except in accordance with instructions or in order to comply with any Court Order of statutory duty.
Failure to give the firm requested personal information may affect our ability to meet our obligations to you or our client.
What information do we hold?
During the course of conducting our business as a law firm, we will collect information which may include the following kinds of personal information:
- personal details including name, address, occupation, professional memberships, contact details
- information relating to business dealings with the firm
- information relating to employment applications of unsuccessful job applicants including resumes and any attachments, information gained from interviews and reference checks.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Mullins Lawyers will use your personal information to:
- provide and account for services provided
- manage the relationship with our clients, and to improve service provision
- facilitate our business operations, including advising our clients about legal developments, other services and to ensure we are fulfilling our legal requirements.
We may disclose personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, and also:
- subject to our obligations to our clients, and in the fulfilment of our legal responsibilities, to any person where necessary in the provision of legal services
- on a confidential basis, to external service providers, where necessary in the provision of legal services
- either where the law requires us or where our clients consent for us to do so
- within Mullins Lawyers as a part of carrying out business operations.
Mullins Lawyers takes every reasonable step to protect all information that it holds against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Quality of personal information
Our goal is to take every reasonable step to ensure the personal information collected at Mullins Lawyers is complete and up to date.
Access to information
You are able to request access to personal information at any time. Where the National Privacy Principles allow us, we may refuse to provide access to information held about you.
Level 21, Riverside Centre
123 Eagle Street
Brisbane Qld 4000
Ph 07 3224 0222