People / Partners / John Siong /
Areas of expertise
John is a well-regarded, innovative and dynamic Partner and Registered Migration Agent of Mullins Lawyers. He has lived in Australia for 20 years and has more than 18 years' experience in migration law.
John is a native speaker of English, Mandarin, and Cantonese having grown up in mosaic communities in Brunei. He can speak a number of Chinese dialects and has lived internationally, including in Malaysia and Canada. John uses his international experience together with his business and legal acumen to break down language barriers for his clients and offer commercial solutions to their business and legal issues.
John has a strong track record of solving complex migration matters by developing and leading strong teams, promoting effective communication, and ensuring people involved at all levels of a matter are motivated to achieve positive outcomes.
John's clients include state-owned organisations, small to medium enterprises and high net worth individuals, both in Australia and internationally. He is experienced in litigious migration matters including those involving the Migration Review Tribunal, Administrative Appeal Tribunal, Federal Courts and the High Court of Australia.
In addition to being a Partner of Mullins, John is also the Immigration Director of the firm's affiliated migration law company MS Legal.
- Admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Admitted as a solicitor to the High Court of Australia
- Registered Migration Agent in Australia, MARN 0005194
- Juris Doctor (Bond University)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (QUT)
- Master of Business Administration (QUT)
- Bachelor of Management - Marketing and Finance (Canada)
- English (native/fluent)
- Mandarin (native/fluent)
- Cantonese (native/fluent)